Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween...blech!

I am totally admitting that Halloween is my least favorite holiday. It really makes no sense to me. I love candy and all, but hate the dressing up and acting silly and scary. Call me the grinch of Halloween, I don't care. I do get the kids dressed up and thanks to Aunt Lisa for two of the three costumes this year. Grey was a little out of sorts on the night of the event so this picture of him in his Cars pit crew outfit was actually from a week or so ago. He is totally in love with Cars lately so this was perfection! I wanted to draw a mustache on him, but he wouldn't let me. He would let me let HIM do something with the eyeliner I had available, but that wasn't going to happen. (Insert meltdown here before trying to do pictures before going to our Halloween party...and remembering the whole time that I really don't like Halloween in the first place). This was the best we could do with the three kids together...and there was bribery involved.


Elliot was the best of the three. She made a very cute dog too. And come to think of it, the Halloween tights came from Aunt Lisa too. So all three costumes had her involved. Kudos to you!
I love that Elliot's costume cost me all of about a buck or two and about 15 minutes to make- did you know they make sheets of felt with sticker backing?!? Pretty cool stuff for a non-sewer like me.


And finally my little chicken...All three kids have worn this outfit on their first halloween's. It is a good thing that Halloween came when it did because it was a little snug on old Trippster. But he was a good sport.



Here are the chickens from year's past:


Happy Halloween and stay away for another year!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Are you glad Halloween is OVER!!! ha ha. Grey looked so cute in that pit crew costume. Adorable.

Todd and Shana said...

I have a love/hate relationship with Halloween. It's fun and all but there is definitely too much stress involved, and don't get me started on dealing with the whole candy stash after the fact. Your kids have already grown so much since you've moved! They are so cute!

Kacey said...

AMEN! I hate Halloween. Way too much hassle for a nonsense holiday.