13 years ago
Sunday, March 21, 2010
No Baby Yet :(
My due date is officially today, but given all the signs I have had since Wednesday night I would have bet money that this baby would have been here by now. Wednesday night I was up most of the night because everytime I would get up to the bathroom or to help one of the kids I would have a serious contraction. They would go away when I would lay back down, but then I would just lay there watching the clock and planning how I was going to orchestrate the day- where the kids would go, calling into work, getting family here, etc. By 6:00 I decided to get up and take a shower see where the contractions were going. They were not regular or as strong as they were in the night so I decided to go to work. Barely made it through the work day and headed home thinking, okay, now this baby surely will come. Went for a walk, a few contractions coming. Got a decent nights sleep and woke up Friday ready to keep track of contractions. Went the the gym to walk and do elliptical to help the contractions continue. My dad and brother, David flew over to visit and go to lunch. Still keeping track of the contractions, but they ended up slowing down as I sat and visited with them for 2 hours. They got to be about 20-25 minutes apart, but then slowed way down. Went for another walk with Grey that evening, but the contractions didn't return. By this time I was getting frustrated. Surely, Saturday would be the day. I woke up Saturday in just a rotten of a mood as I had went to bed with on Friday. Made it through the day though- another trip to the gym, a trip to Walmart (that place on a Saturday should have put me into labor), the kids even went to a friend's house for a couple hours (thanks Anna!). But nothing. The contractions had all but stopped. Today, Sunday, I went to the first half of church and then came home. I have had a few contractions, but nothing to write home about yet. Justin is really wanting the day off from work tomorrow and I would love nothing else than to give that to him. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon and he will give the go ahead for induction either Tuesday or Wednesday. I am going to push for Tuesday. These days of waiting are just so long. And we feel like we need to just get this little guy here to move on the next thing in our life- packing and moving. I feel a little bad that I am not enjoying this last little bit of pregnancy. I just keep complaining about the moment and the fact that I am still uncomfortable and pregnant and not that we are soon going to have a little baby to take care of. Anyways, the next post will be of our little guy being welcomed to the world, hopefully happy and healthy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
those last few days are the hardest...hang in there!!!
Hang in there Heather! You are almost there! I too hard a hard time those last few days! I can't wait to see some pictures!!!
Post a Comment