(1) Write in my blog more regularly. I am not going to say daily or even weekly, but more regularly that it has been. Facebook has made it so I don't write in here as much, but I still want to keep it up. Plus, Justin has started a blog and he has inspired me a bit. He has such a way with words that put mine to shame and I love reading it. I truly hope that he keeps it up.
(2) I had a goal around Halloween to loose about 15 pounds before Christmas. Stress hit our house hard and my diet took it's toll. Unfortunately when I have had a rough day, if I know that I can have chocolate or ice cream or cookies (or all the above) at night then it seems to make it all better. I had lost about 5 pounds but have since gained it back and then some. So I really want to loose those last few baby weight pounds. I have no problem with the exercising part- it is the watching what I eat part. I need to just get over the first week or so and then I should be fine. Once I succeed it will be time to buy a killer pair of jeans and a new bra.
(3) Attend the temple more. I wish that I could say every month, but again I don't want to say something that really is unrealistic. It used to be that the kids were the excuse, but now we have an excellent couple of babysitters and even days other than Saturday to take advantage of. Every time I go I am so glad that I did. And I want my children to see us going to the temple and understand the importance of the sacred work done there and the special spirit that can be felt there. Plus, my mom bought me a new temple dress :0
(4) Read more. This is so difficult just because of time and energy. I read with Elliot every night so at least a few verses of the scriptures get read and some of the book that we are reading together. But I want something for me. I wish I could say more than this, but I am going to start with the book club books for the year. It is not quite a book a month, but that is what I will shoot for.
So there you have it. My "resolutions." I hope that they stick and I will keep the blog posted on what happens with them...




2 comments:
For YW's we were making goals for the year and I was like you! I didn't want to make them b/c I didn't know if I could keep them. All of your goals are about the same as mine so it was fun to read through yours. Good luck!!!
I love reading others resolutions. It inspires me! I like all of yours, and they could all apply to me as well. I want to make this post soon, but I need to narrow down my list so it isn't so daunting.
Post a Comment