Monday, July 4, 2011

Just over a week ago Justin talked with my mom right when she was having a rough day, as we all have from time to time. After he hung up with her he came to me and said we needed to figure out a way to give my mom a visit. So a week later Elliot and I were on an airplane bound for Las Vegas and then St George. I didn't tell Elliot until bedtime the night before and we left before 5 am Friday morning. We flew out of bellingham which I totally fell in love with. Between avoiding seatac and traveling with one child, it was a breeze!

One excited girl:


After a thorough surprise to my mom (she was utterly speechless), it was off to the pool:


It was only about 105 degrees;)

The next day we went to get pedicures- elliot's first:


And she even got a manicure as well:


Pretty toes:


One pooped girl:


Sunday we went to church in michaels singles ward and after not being in a singles ward for 10 years you forget how QUIET it is! And I sat through an entire sacrament meeting and didn't have to pick up any crumbs afterwards! It was glorious! That afternoon we visited the temple visitors center and watched a movie there:






Add in some shopping, some cafe rio, and lots of sunshine with good visiting and it was a fantastic trip.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Surprise visit!

2 comments:

Todd and Shana said...

Oh gosh, a trip with only one child over 5 sound AMAZING! :) Everywhere I go these days it's potty breaks every 5 seconds or someone needing changed/food/water/chocolate milk...I'm sure you've been there, done that. Glad you got to have that fun trip with Elliot, I'm sure she'll remember it forever.

Rozanne said...

I am sure that was a wonderful surprise for your mom, and also some good one-on-one time with Elliot! I didn't even know Bellingham had an airport.