Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Broadway Baby!

Elliot has been in dance since January but made it very clear from the beginning that she was in no way interested in performing in the recital. This was fine with me. I wasn't going to push it and with my experience with her in preschool or at primary public displays were not what she was all about. However, as the recital approached she decided that she really DID want to do it. We talked at length about it because I didn't want to pay for it all and have her not do it after all and she promised that she would. And since then she never backed down, never showed sign of nervousness.

This is her right before dress rehearsal:


This is the video I shot from my phone during dress rehearsal. The routine was so cute. She is second from the right.

YouTube Video

She did just as well during the real performance the next day. I was so proud of her. Th first thing she said when we saw her after was "I want to do it again!" Oh boy! Broadway baby, in deed!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Rozanne said...

Cute! I am glad she was able to make her own decision about performing. :) That makes such a big difference sometimes. Maybe it will spill over into other things as well.