Sunday, June 5, 2011

Our week of SHOWS

I love a good show of any kind but this week I had more than my fair share. Don't get me wrong I loved them all but felt a little guilt seeing three amazing shows within 8 days.




Over a year ago we bought tickets to see Wicked in Spokane with our good friends Garth and Kacey. I knew nothing about the show other than it is about the wizard of oz and that it was suppose to be phenomenal. Both ended up to be true. Live theater is outstanding with the set changes that literally happen before your eyes without you even really noticing. Not to mention the talent of those actors and actresses and the voices! Simply breathtaking. Plus the company was good, we had fantastic seats and it was an great excuse to visit Justin's family a bit as well.



Thursday afternoon we had tickets to see Guys and Dolls at the 5th Avenue. Again I knew nothing about the show and was again not disappointed. Our seats were incredible (thank you Justin for the great mother's day present). Again, love theater just can't be beat. Nearly 3 hours and it easily tops a 90 minute movie. The talent is amazing and leaves me speechless. Being a matinee we were with all the retirees (there were no joke at least half a dozen walkers parked at each entrance to the theater) and kids (heard one crying during the second half) but it was a good time.



Cue last night when we went to the much anticipated U2 concert. I had prepped by doing an all U2 playlist for my cycling class that morning (although the sound system was jacked up so it did not do it justice). After a hellish experience trying to get parking in downtown Seattle on a beautiful Saturday with 65,000 concert goers AND 8-12,000 (maybe more?) mariners fans, we finally made it to qwest field. What a show! My heart skips a bit just thinking about it now!







(the giant screens that circled around above the stage suddenly separated and came all the way down to the stage...it was pretty awesome)





my favorite:)


Such a good night. We had a bit of a scare when we got back to our car. The garage we parked in closed at 11:00 but a valet driver said that we could still get out, just have to pay with a credit card. We didn't even leave the concert until 11:30 and we got to a locked garage. I was so upset! But, an answer to prayers, a couple was getting their car as well and he must work in the building because he was able to get in. We were so thankful!!! And parking was only $8...score!

Besides maybe a mariners game I think we have had our fill of events for awhile. At least our pocketbook has! So worth it though- great memories!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Eric and Rozanne said...

Wow! You really did have 3 amazing shows in one week. Good for u! It looks like 3 very good choices. Of the 3, I have only seen Wicked(twice), but would also love the others.