Elliot had her dance pictures on Saturday so we were husseling to get her primped and ready. I had the curling iron on (pulled it out and dusted it off) and was doing elliot's make up. Tripp was playing around and while I wasn't paying attention, he pulled the cord and grabbed the barrel of the hot curling iron. Oh the blood curdling screams! We got it in cold water immediately and some ibuprofen almost as quickly. It took a good 45 minutes for him to calm down but soon he did. We went outside and played in the water and ate yogurt with hands. Ibuprofen is a wonderful drug!!!
The blisters forming (and they only got bigger, sticking way out from his hand):


As soon as justin brought Elliot home from her pictures, I took Tripp into the doctor. I was glad I did because they dressed it with silvidine (a burn cream) and wrapped it all up. He is doing so well with it. We just keep up on the Tylenol and ibuprofen and change the dressing twice a day. The blisters are huge on his little hand but he will be fine... thankfully.
Leaving the doctor, bandage on hand:

This morning, happily having breakfast:

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
2 comments:
OUCH! Poor Tripp! We had something similar happen- Hallie grabbed the griddle- it bubbled up just like that. They told me keep it clean and medicated and she would be fun. she was and it healed up well- just keep it clean! Poor guy!
Two fun musicals too- jealous a bit perhaps. LOVED Wicked when we went!! Glad to see you doing fun things too!
:( poor Tripp! Burns are the worst! Silvedene rocks - I still have to post Thomas' incident that brought that into our lives...hope it continues to heal :)
Post a Comment