Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Questions

So my good friend Heidi tagged me with these Christmas questions. I'm usually game for a good questionnaire so here is my stab at it. I'd love to see them on anyone else's blog!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. Bags are way easier, but wrapping is still fun to do and to tear into on the big day.


2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. I grew up with a fake one and we did the real thing the first few years of marriage, but when you can get a decent artificial one for the price of a fake one with a LOT less work, I will sacrifice the ambiance and smell of a real one for a plastic one.


3. When do you put up the tree? Sometime early December. I am actually getting a little anxious this year.

4. When do you take the tree down? A couple days after Christmas. This year probably after the new year because we are out of town so long.


5. Do you like eggnog? Not really, but Justin and my brother drink it and sometimes add sprite. A little weird I know.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember a Barbie house that was pretty cool. Then I would coerce my brother into playing with me in exchange for playing He-man with him.


7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, several of them. Love them.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad and dad-in-law, hands down.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Elliot

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Usually mail. Debating this year on doing them at all. May send out a happy spring card later instead.


11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story. (Although Christmas Vacation is a close second)


13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Depends, but this year I actually got started early....like before Halloween.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so, but I wouldn't put it past me.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Fudge!


16. Clear lights or colored on the tree ? Clear

17. Favorite Christmas song? O, Holy Night, The First Noel and Where are you Christmas sung by Faith Hill.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Always stayed home as a kid, but now travel to parents

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? I think so...Dasher, Dancer, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Prancer, Vixen, and Rudolph. Yeah!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star that lights up.


21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning although we could usually convince whomever to let us open one Christmas Eve.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Everything is so busy. I am learning to do more online shopping. And snowy roads.


23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Nope, just all that we have.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Always order pizza for Christmas Eve. Crazy I know, but it's always the tradition and no one wants it any other way.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? No real wishes. Just excited to be with all my brothers for a few days.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Loved it! I love traditions and I thought your pizza one for christmas eve was great. That sounds yummy right now. :)

Kacey said...

I think you forgot Blitzen on the reindeer list. I'll have to tell my mom about the pizza tradition. She is stressing about making Ham etc. for 40 people this year. Yikes!

Black Family said...

okay so sorry this question is not about this post....but I was so thankful for your post on my blog...thank you for the info...I have a question. After you refrigerate the milk do you have to store it cold if you take it out to go somewhere? Sorry just thought you might know....I can't find it on the net anywhere..thanks!

Adri and Cory said...

I love reading tags. I think they are so interesting! Nice work!