Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a great thanksgiving at Justin's parents house in Spokane this last weekend. It was great to get the cousins together again to play. No limbs were lost or too many tears shed, so all in all it was a successful gathering. Much thanks to Grandma Jana and Grandpa Snook for the great food and the new toy we all got to play with.


All the older cousins just love baby Grey and he loves the attention.





Then there was the Wii. Justin and Kyle conned Grandma and Grandpa into buying one on Thanksgiving so we could all play it that afternoon. Boy, did we have fun playing too. It was great because even the little kids could have fun doing it. They especially liked the boxing and the tennis. The adults enjoyed the bowling, especially watching Justin with his fancy leg kick out bowling technique. The kids play room turned into Wii central...and soon was more adults than kids. What a hoot!






Grey got to have his first taste of "real" food on Thanksgiving too. We tried a little rice cereal mixed with pear juice. He seemed a little confused by the whole scenario, but I think he will take to eating pretty well. He just has to figure out what to do with it once the food is in his mouth. Of course, Elliot wanted to help in the process, too, bless her heart.





Earlier in the week, Elliot had a little Thanksgiving program at preschool. Usually I am a very prepared mother, I think, but something went awry this morning and I got to the school without my camera. I was just sick. All the kids looked so cute in their little pilgrim hats and bonnets. They had about 5 songs to sing and really none of them sang. Miss Cheryl gave a great solo though for the parents! They were all a little shy and uneasy with all the parents there. We had cookies and juice afterwards and Elliot showed me her thanksgiving projects. As soon as we got home I made Elliot put her hat back on and hold up her projects so I could at least get that picture.



Hope everyone had a happy and safe holiday. Now it is time to gear up for Christmas! I am actually well on my way to being done with shopping this year. I can't believe it! Maybe 2 kids and working is making me be a little more on the ball than usual!





3 comments:

Heidi said...

What a great thanksgiving. Grey is getting SO big! He's cute and i can't believe he is old enough to eat food. I love Justin's bowling moves.

Kacey said...

What a fun Thanksgiving. The next time you are heading to Spokane we expect a phone call though. We would love to meet Grey.

Amber Staub said...

What a fun Thanksgiving! I think we need to talk my parents into getting a Wii. Elliot looks so cute in her costume.