
My lovely daughter would not put her hand down and smile and Grey was just "Sweet, I've got something to put in my mouth. All is good with the world." Elliot barely squeaked out her requests and I had to interpret them after the fact. This got more thinking going...why do we make our children sit on some strange guys lap that is pretending to be Santa? It's a little weird when you think about it. Our past Santa experiences have been interesting too. Last year there is no picture because Elliot refused to do it. The year before when she was about a year and a half, we had Elliot all in a dress looking cute (because that was what I was going to do every year...note what my kids were wearing in this year's picture...the tradition didn't last). And this is the picture we got:

Still Elliot's first picture with Santa is my favorite. We met my mom in Tacoma and they had the best looking Santa ever and Elliot was so pleasant that afternoon. Plus she is just my little butterball in this picture. I love it!
I hope everyone had a good Santa experience, even if it is only good for a laugh!



4 comments:
It is strange, but fun for the kids. Kate actually was fine with Santa this year (the one that came to our ward party). In years past she has screamed or been too scared. Preston even did fine with him. We've never did the Santa at the mall thing so church Santa is all they get.
I'm totally with you. Don't you feel somewhat guilty about it? I totally do. Whenever the kids ask me questions about Christmas or Santa in general I always say "What do you think?" I just feel bad making things up. They believe everything that comes out of my mounth and somehow that just seems wrong.
When I found out "the truth" I was more devastated that I had been lied to, than finding out there wasn't really a Santa. How sad! It is a strange and conflicted feeling. The pictures are so funny! Poor Eliot doesn't seem to be much of a Santa girl.
Those pictures are so funny! Kodi is 4 and she is still hesitant to sit on his lap. This year I even found myself bribing(sp?) my kids to sit on his lap? Now that is sad! I will get you a treat if you go tell Santa what you want him to bring you? What? It doesn't even make sense. I can't believe I did that? Oh well. What do ya do? Have a great Christms! We miss you guys tons!
I love the picture of Eliot screaming. I don't think your childhood os complete without a screaming/crying picture on Santa's lap.
Post a Comment