13 years ago
Monday, January 12, 2009
First Prayer
We've been trying for quite awhile to get Elliot to say her own prayers either at bedtime or before dinner, but she always wants help. Last night as I was tucking her into bed though she said she wanted to do it herself. I said okay thinking that she wouldn't really do it, but she actually did. It was pretty darn cute as all kids' prayers are. She was looking around the room trying to think of what to be thankful for- her Dora blanket, her light, her barbies. But then she said mom and dad and grey, Lucy, grandma and grandpa, uncle aaron (why just him I am not sure). Then I said that she should move on to blessings. She basically said to bless then same things that she was thankful for. The funniest was she says, "Please bless my new baby and cradle from Grandma Jill, I mean, Grandma Jana." I was trying so hard, but unsuccessfully, not to laugh. When she was done, she was so proud! She wanted to go tell Justin herself. It was pretty cute. We'll see if it was just a fluke last night or if she will continue to say some prayers on her own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
It is so fun to watch them say their own prayer for the first time. Elliott is so dang cute. One of Taijas many prayers while I was pregnant was to bless that she would have a baby brother, baby sister,cat,dog,cow,horse and a moose. I guess she was up for anything because she had waited so long for a sibling.Its a DANG good thing Heavenly Father does not answer all prayers!!!
Oh how cute! Kodi does the same thing. She is thankful for everything in sight including the box on the table. In fact tonight she blessed that Coen could learn lots of new things! I love it. It is so fun to see things that you have been trying to teach them actually start coming out!
Little kid prayers are so sweet! It's amazing what they come up with sometimes.
She knows who her favorite uncle is.
Post a Comment