Monday, May 11, 2009

A Stocked Freezer

One of my least favorite "jobs" is to plan what to have for dinner. It seems like dinnertime always comes and I have been thinking all day what to do for dinner, but then end up scrambling at the end or realizing I don't have something that I need from the store. Work days are the worst. So I really like having meals ready to go in the freezer that I can just pull out, thaw, and cook. Sometimes I will freeze leftovers we have or make a little extra for another day. But once in a while I spend all day making lots of meals. Last Friday I did just that.

This is what I started with:
Elliot having at a friend's house and this got me through the day:

And this is what I ended up with- I think I counted 20 meals in total, 6 varieties with 3-4 of each (the first picture is my freezer upstairs, the second downstairs):


All in all, a pretty successful day. On Sunday we had chicken soup from my efforts and it was pretty good. We will be eating well (and less stressfully for me) for a while at least now.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

SO, I am a total slacker in the cooking department (mostly because I DON'T like it). What have you made that freezes well and any tips on that - maybe you need to do a tutorial post for for the rest of us - or maybe just me!

Kacey said...

I'd love to know some of your freezer recipes. I want to stock my freezer before this baby comes. Before I had Syd I went to one of those pricey "Dinner's Ready" places. The food was good and it sure was convenient but I hated paying the price!

Heidi said...

Good job! I've been wanting to do that for a while now (since Kyle doesn't cook!) and I get home so late from work. I need to do that. The chicken soup/broth looks yummy.

the Sayler's said...

I am in awe - that is just something I need to try but do not have the motivation to do!