I get stuck on Facebook and take up all my time with that. Plus, I access it on my ipod and go to the computer less often. That is really no excuse though...I need to keep up on this. It is a great way to "journal" and I really enjoy reading others so I should return the favor.One thing that has happened recently is that my little brother, Aaron, left for his mission on Wednesday. We went over for the weekend and it was great to see all my family. The weather was pretty nice too- not quite warm enough for me to get in the water, but nice to enjoy outside. Aaron is going the Winnepeg, Canada mission and was very excited, but a little nervous I think.
Graduation was this Friday here in Ephrata and Justin was voted on by the students to be the faculty speaker. He did an awesome job. He talked about the doodles that can't be un-did (taken from the movie Juno) and how each of them are like doodles. He talked about various indiviual students and had a perfect mix of humor and seriousness. I was so proud of him!
This coming weekend, the kids are staying at Grandma Jill's house while Justin and I get away for a few nights in Seattle. It will be the first time leaving Grey, but I am confident that my mom can handle it. Justin and I are looking forward to the time away and to do things that we want without worrying about the kids. Other than a few hours on a couple date nights, this is the first time since last April that we are getting away. It is much needed. And with summer here and lots to do, there will be lots more to blog about!




5 comments:
I love your real reason being "facebook". I had to laugh! It really can be addicting, huh? There is just so much to see and catch up on. I can see Justin being an AWESOME graduation speaker, I mean, he could even keep Sunday School entertaining. :)
I am SO jealous of the away time! And facebook is totally consuming my time too!
Hope you guys have an awesome vacay!
Hey Heather, I too have been soo slacking on the blog thing! Congrats on the gettaway. I love it when we can have them. Have lots of fun!
P.S. I can't believe how much your dad looks like grandpa!!! I had to keep staring...I couldn't figure it out. And also I love your family pictures they turned out sooooo cute!
Loved seeing the pictures of all your cutie pie brothers! Mark and Aaron look so much alike in that picture, I think. Glad you were able to get away with your hubby. It's a good investment in a successful marriage! Didn't know you were on facebook. I will have to look for you.
Post a Comment