- How are you feeling? Really crummy. It seems worse than the last two, but I don't know if it is because I have two I am taking care of now, and one a needy 1-year old. But I am nearly all the time nauseous, but no puking (but it felt pretty close a couple times yesterday). I am so tired it is painful and it doesn't help that Grey is back to his old tricks of not sleeping in his bed at night. For the past 3 nights, Grey and I have been in my bed and Justin in Elliot's bed. I figure right now, I just need to sleep and we will fight that battle (again) when I start feeling better. I ask the doctor if there is anything to do to help this and basically he says no, just be thankful that it is a good sign of a healthy pregnancy.
- Are you crazy? How close will Grey and the baby be? Maybe a little, but who isn't. The kids will be 20 months apart which will be little challenging, but fine. We just figured why wait. Things are good now and we knew that we wanted more, so let's just get on with expanding our family.
- Are you having any craving? I think more so this time than past pregnancies. Egg McMuffins, apple fritters, chocolate cookies, pizza. You know all the good stuff for you. Also, baked potato with cottage cheese and peaches (not with the potato). This is the first time that I have wanted sweets during the first trimester. They turned me off in my other pregnancies. In fact, Justin is getting me an apple fritter as I type. My waistline may not be liking this so much especially since exercising seems to be a burden these days. Can't worry about it now though...and things should be getting better in the coming weeks.
- What does Elliot think? She is sooooo excited and wants the baby to come out now. She thinks it is a girl and that we should name her Daisy. We will see about that.
- Do you want a boy or a girl? Of course, I will take either and just want a healthy baby, especially because I already have one of each. But, just for the record, I am guessing a girl right now. My feelings might change (they did with Grey), but we will see sometime around the holidays (yes, I will be finding out...since I have the option, I need to know what kind of clothes to have ready and it narrows down half of the names).
- Have you thought of names? No, I can't really start thinking about it until I know the gender. Then the battle will begin! It is a tough thing to name a child. They keep that name forever. It's a hard decision. Grey didn't have his name until he was here.
I think that about covers it. I will keep you updated on the progress. Hopefully on September 1st we hear a heartbeat. If there aren't many posts in the next couple weeks, just know that we are surviving and trying to make it to bedtime each day in one piece (and sometimes bedtime should be 6:30).




8 comments:
Congratulations! Sorry you are not feeling well. Nausea is a good sign that the baby is doing well but it still sucks! My doctor had me take 1/2 a dose of Unisom at night. It was originally marketed as an anti-nausea pill but sleepiness was a huge side effect so now it's Unisom. Give it a try, it helped me a lot.
I absolutely agree with the 6:30 bedtime when you are pregnant! I remember feeling guilty(sort of!) for passing out before the kids were even in bed most nights, luckily Ryan was around most nights to get them in bed or who knows when/where they would have fallen asleep!! Good luch, I am so excited for your adventure!!
congrats heather! i am SO sorry you are so sick right now.. i hope you get out of that phase soon because that is no fun.
Cingratulation! Madilyn and Thomas are 20 months apart and it was great (of course they are #1 and #2...)
YEAH, Heather!!! So excited for you! Does that mean a spring baby? Perfect timing if you ask me! The sickies won't last forever. It's for a good cause :0) !! 6:30, 10:30...the kids don't know the difference at this point. I am pretty sure my mom put us to bed a few times WELL before the typical bedtime. Kids were still playing outside........ ball games were still going on....... 4-5 hours of daylight left. You just do what it takes sometimes.
YAY congrats! okay so i totally thought there was nothing to take when i was so sick 247 then my doctor gave me zofran and life was soooo much better! you should ask him about it....it worked miracles for me!!!! wow that totally sounds like an infomercial.....lame-o
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. I hope the sickness doesn't last too long. I agree with fighting the sleeping battle with Grey later. Right now, just sleep.
Congratulations on the new baby coming. I think sooner is better then later but the grass is always greener on the other side! Right?
Thanks for the comment.
Post a Comment