Friday, September 18, 2009

MIA again...

Between feeling yucky, getting sick, busy with work and just trying to survive around here, I have not updated my blog in quite awhile. Nothing extremely earth shattering has happened, but it is still nice to check-in once in awhile.

Elliot is back to preschool and loving it. Her teacher said that she is being a little less shy and participating more with the class during circle time. I feel a little guilty because she has standing playdates either here or elsewhere everyday of the week. It makes for a happy girl and a happy mom because I get things done and don't have to hear "I'm bored" or "what can I do now?" much at all. It actually makes Saturdays and Sundays the hard days even though Justin is home.

Here she is on the first day of school:
And here (Justin was doing the photo shoot- the one finger for the first day?):
And just because these were cute:


Justin is loving the school year as well. He loves to be in the classroom and in front of all those kids. And they seem to really enjoy his class. I wish I could just go watch sometimes to see him in action.

Grey is keeping me very busy as well. He gets into EVERYTHING!!! Way more than Elliot ever did. I have a garbage can in the kitchen that you step on the pedal and lid goes up. Today I found him eating a chicken nugget that he pulled out of the garbage! He still isn't sleeping well on his own, but is a whole other blog topic I am sure somewhere in the near future. We have 6 months to get that resolved before baby #3 comes. He loves to be naked and runs as fast as he can after bathtime anywhere we aren't such as into Elliot's room to play.


He also loves to play in the kitchen with the pots and pans, getting out wooden spoons and stirring imaginary things. Just the other day though, I found him here and stuck:

And on Tuesday we were at the park and he got his first bee sting. It ended up being very uneventful and he didn't even cry much. You can see on his upper lip though where it was red and swollen. By that evening though it was gone. We shall see what happens when he is stung again. Given his track record, he will be allergic...
I am starting to feel like I might survive again. I got hit with a really bad cold that had me down about a week, not to mention still feeling sick to my stomach all the time. Both have been subsiding though which is a huge relief. At the begining of the month I had a doctor's appointment and we heard the baby's heartbeat which was another big relief. I am at 14 weeks now and am so thankful to be starting to feel better!

So that about catches us up. Thank goodness. And I will try not to let it go so long next time.

3 comments:

Eric and Rozanne said...

I had to laugh out loud at those pictures of Grey in the rocking chair without any clothes on. Very funny! Glad you are getting over the yuckies!

~ kietra ~ said...

I feel caught up. Not too long ago I was in your shoes. So glad you can find lots of good moments inbetween!!

Kacey said...

sorry you're still feeling crummy. Hopefully it will subside soon.