Monday, September 28, 2009

Sign laungage


I have been trying for a long time, and a lot more lately, to get Grey to pick up some sign language. He still has yet to say a single word. Elliot was so early and very proficient with her talking that this has been super frustrating. So when Grey finally signed "more" to me when he wanted more sunflower seeds, I was ecstatic! He did it again this morning and I caught it on video. I've been trying more signs too, like "bath" and "milk" and "all done." I am hoping now that he realizes how cool it is to sign and all the praise he gets from it he will want to keep it up.

6 comments:

Rozanne said...

I love seeing little babies do sign language. It is so amazing. I didn't ever do it with my kids, but sometimes wish I would have now. It makes communication so much easier when they don't talk yet. Way to go, Grey!

Anna said...

Yay I got to see it.

Heidi said...

I totally agree with you about the speaking issue. Kate spoke early and did a good job. Preston is still trying to pick up on words- he's getting better- but still...life is easier when they can communicate what they want! Keep up with the sign language. I hope he catches on more. He's a cutie.

Todd and Shana said...

I remember when Garrett learned that fun little trick and our lives seemed changed forever! It was soooo nice. I'm already starting it with Ella, although I'm sure it will be a while before she really gets it. Good job Grey!!!

T said...

That is so incredible!! He does that so well. Very cute!

Amber Staub said...

That is so cute. I did a little sign language with Channing and I loved it.