Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Couponing

I have heard for quite awhile that if you are diligent with your couponing that you can really save a bundle if you do it correctly. So I have been doing some research on different blogs and learning via podcasts the best ways to go about it. It has been a little time consuming, but kinda fun- like a treasure hunt. And when you can find something for free or nearly free, you feel oh so successful! One of the best sites that I have found is www.fistfulofcoupons.com. You can go on that site and she gives all kinds of great tips and links to coupons. Plus, you can enter your area, a specific store and a spread sheet will pop up with that week's deals, how good they are, and what coupons to use to sweeten the deal. I have gotten packs of diapers from Rite Aid for like $5-7, several free items there (like a razor for Justin, toothpaste, toothbrush) and Rite Aid has a very nice rebate program where you get just one check with all your rebates together. Yesterday at Safeway I got 5 boxes of ceral for just over a dollar a box, 12 yoplait yogurts for 37.5 cents a piece, a loaf of bakery bread for FREE, large bag of carrots for $1.50, Hamburger Helper for $1 a box, 2 boxes of potatoes for about $1.50 a box, and a large thing of dish soap for a dollar. I know these aren't like smoking hot deals, but every little bit counts. And it is all very satisfying. So fistfulofcoupons is a great website, so is coupons.com and shortcuts.com (this one puts the coupons right on your Safeway card or other club card- and I found out that you can use a printed coupon AND the ecoupon still works!). Safeway.com sometimes has good coupons too and I know there are a ton of others. There are LOTS of blogs on the subject too so if anyone has any tips or knows of other good sites, please share. I have started to pick up a Sunday paper or two (too cheap to have it delievered though at 2.95 a paper!!!) and am going to stop at Walgreens today in Moses Lake after my doctor's appointment to see if I can score some free and cheap stuff there. Sweet!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

It's funny you just posted this because I've wondered about it for a while and have asked a couple of the ladies in my ward questions about it. Then yesterday another lady from my ward called to tell me about a code for a free Redbox movie and then we got talking about the couponing she does. So I started getting my pile of coupons more organized last night and I'm going to try and learn more tips and ideas, too. Because you're so right - that every bit helps!

Black Family said...

please please please show me the ropes? that is too cool!

T said...

oooooo!! I'm excited to try a few of those that I hadn't heard of. Thanks Heather!

the Sayler's said...

i am humbled by your dedication - i have been "too busy" the last couple of years to even think about it - i am repenting :)

Eric and Rozanne said...

My sister does of lot of couponing and gets amazing deals. Way to go! It's something I'd like to do more of, but it does take time from what I hear but well worth the deals you find.

Behling Family said...

I too just got into couponing just a few months ago. I get very excited when I get a really good deal on something. It takes some time and oranization but I think it is worth it. Every little bit counts! Okay, I did not know that you were pregnant! I have not been blogging for a really long time. Congratulations! That is so fun. That is not very far way. Keep us posted.