Monday, October 19, 2009

Coupon update (aka: I Love Rite Aid)

So I still have been pretty successful in my couponing lately. Mostly using info from fistfulofcoupons.com. Really it isn't that hard because other people do all the work for you. You just need to spend a little time and effort to plan it all out. It is forcing me to plan out my weekly meals which is just a good idea to make the days run smoother anyways.

Tonight I went to Rite Aid again (went last week and was tremendously successful). I had three different transactions (so that I could use the 3 $5 off coupons that I printed off- Rite Aid freely gives as many as you can print!). First was 5 things that after rebates are FREE (and one of the items I had a coupon so I actually made money), plus some tylenol that I needed. Spent $22.04 and will get $22.46 back in rebates. Second was 4 packages of huggies diapers (starting to stock up for baby #3) that were on sale for 8.99 each but had 4 coupons- 2 $3 off and 2 $1.50 off. So ultimately, each package averaged about $6 a piece- a very sweet deal. Third was 2 gallons of milk (always 1.99), 4 bags of halloween candy (coupon from paper buy three, get one free), hair mouse that I needed, $5 birthday present for a little girl in Elliot's class, and package of baby wipes for 6.99 with $2 rebate. Total will be $20.72 after rebate. And rite aid is cool about the rebates that you can get them grouped together in single checks. Now this all would be great enough, but Rite Aid also has a promotion where you spend a certain amount and get a certificate back- I think that promotion is over now, but I am waiting for a $20 gift certificate to come. Pluse I have bought enough huggies recently to earn a free pack too! It just keeps getting better!

Seriously if you have the time and want to save money on things that you are going to be buying anyways, look into blogs around about it and start giving it a try. I only wish that I had other options other than Safeway, Rite Aid and Walmart to shop. And I have found a tip on how to double some coupons. Shortcuts.com lets you load coupons right onto your rewards card (like Safeway club card). Sometimes though I will have a coupon printed for the same thing and both work. Today I bought a box of cocoa puffs for 17 cents!!!
And just because they are cute:

I made these shirts using my cricut and wonder-under. Their names are on the back too, but Grey wasn't being very cooperative for the photo op. They turned out pretty cute.

4 comments:

My New Life As Mom said...

That's wonderful. We've been stocking up on things that we'll need for this little one, here very shortly. Diapers, wipes, powder, soap, etc.

Thankfully we're on massive rewards programs at each and every store we can think of, PLUS pampers has an online rewards program where you earn points for the diapers and wipes that you buy, once you get so many points, you can redeem them for anything from a pack of diapers to a trip to disneyland, etc.

I love saving money.

Amber Staub said...

I need to get back on board with couponing. I loved it when I did it but it's been a while. I'm going to try out the website you suggested. Thanks for the tip.
P.S. you're right, your kids are adorable.

Eric and Rozanne said...

I've been wanting to try couponing since my sister starting doing it. We have a Rite Aid closeby, so you are totally motivating me. Keep sending the tips!

Olsen_Family said...

Heather I am going to have to try the coupon thing. That is awesome that you have been so successful. Thanks for the info on where to find some of them. Also thoses shirts that you made for your kiddos were darling. You are just so crafty.