Friday, October 30, 2009

Past Halloweens

I am not a huge fan of Halloween. Even as a kid, I don't have grand memories of the holiday. I vaguely remember some costumes I had, but my mother, bless her heart, is not the best record keeper so I don't think there are any pictures of my childhood Halloweens. I just don't like the whole dressing up and making a fool of yourself. I do enjoy the candy and will be taking full advantage of that with two children now getting buckets of candy. Halloween is more fun now that I have kids though and especially now that Elliot is understanding a little bit more (although I am already tired of the question, "Can I have a treat?" So it will be "Eat all the candy you want, sweetheart because in the morning it will be gone!").
Here are some of our past Halloweens:

Elliot's First Halloween. I actually dressed up a little, I guess. I was the farmer and she was my duck. Her second Halloween we had literally just moved in so it was a very sad Halloween. No costume, no parties, no trick or treating. Grandma Jill did send her this witch sucker which she gladly took.
In 2007, Elliot was an adorable lady bug. I got the idea from a parents magazine and actually made it myself!!!
Last year, Elliot chose to be a cat and it was a very easy costume which made me happy. Plus, Grey was able to fit into Elliot's duck costume from year 1 which also made me happy. Baby #3 may be wearing it next year- may as well keep the tradition going.


Tonight we are heading downtown to do a little trick or treating at the little stores and such there and trunk or treat and carnival at the church tomorrow night. That is one more dress up night than I wanted, but I will survive (I hope) and we will come home with buckets (literally) of candy I am sure.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm not a fan of dressing up either. I don't like to look weird b/c I feel dumb. Oh well... cute costumes. I am impressed with that lady bug one. Good job. Can't wait to see their pics from this year!

My New Life As Mom said...

Oh they're precious! I'm not a fan of dressing up, either. My mom never did as kids and I'm sure I won't either. It's just funner for the kids when they get to spend a little time being "someone else".

I can't wait to see what they are this halloween. I bet they'll have a blast.

Eric and Rozanne said...

I still remember Elliot's first Halloween. She was the cutest little duck!