Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkins

Between work, school, playdates, getting sick, and other various things, we have not (and probably won't now) made it out to a pumpkin patch. I felt bad about that though because I knew that Elliot would love it and it would be a good photo opportunity and scrapbooking page. We went to visit my parents this past weekend and my dad took Elliot to a pumpkin patch! Didn't get any pictures at the pumpkin patch and I don't think they spent much time there because it was very busy, but Elliot got to pick out a pumpkin. She came home with these 2 little ones and quickly named them John and Sarah. My cousin Brooke was over and along with the babysitter they had that night (Justin and I am my parents went to a scout benefit auction and dinner) they decorated the pumpkins. We didn't want to cut the pumpkins and my mom didn't have the right paint or markers to draw much on them so they got a thing of elmer's glue and a box of old material and a sharpie pen and went to town dressing John and Sarah.

Just looking at them still makes me giggle a little. Elliot had her friend Lacey over yesterday and the two of them played for a very long time in the craft room making the whole room John and Sarah's house. I love it when they use their little imaginations.

2 comments:

T said...

They look fabulous!! Elliot is such a cutie pie! What a creative little mind.

Amber Staub said...

Cute idea and a lot less mess. I love how she dressed them. My girls would love this.