Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween- thank goodness it is over...

We have such high hopes for a fun evening. All day I hear "is it time yet?" and "can I get in my costume yet?" We even got to go to Time Out for pizza before hand for full tummies. And the kids did look so cute, little dancer and Charlie Brown.

But alas, two nights ago at the trick or treating downtown and again, even worse, last night at the ward trunk or treat, Elliot totally clams up and will hardly even walk with me. She is excited getting out of the car, but as soon as she sees anyone she turns and hides her head and won't say anything. I was getting so frustrated! Grey, on the other hand, totally knew what to do and was a much better sport.



We stayed for 30 minutes of trunk or treat, muscled through the cars the best I could with an uncooperative 4 year old and an overly eager 1 year old, loaded up the car and went home. No carnival, no other doors, nothing. I don't even think she got another treat that night. The kids went to bed early and I followed shortly after as I was in a bitterly foul mood, made no better by the Yankees game being on instead of Thursday's Grey's Anatomy that would have been a much better choice. Today we woke up to the sun and daylight's saving (which is a whole other topic- seriously, why? All it does is throw us off for several days). It is a new day and we have 364 days until we have to go through all that again...

2 comments:

My New Life As Mom said...

Awwww, sorry she's a little on the shy side. Hopefully she'll be a bit more excited for it next year. I remember the same age and I was the SAME way. I didn't want to talk to strangers OR take their candy, lol.

We had a little girl about the same age, last night, who did the same. She didn't want to look at us but she was happy to take the candy. She had her arm as far outstretched as it could go but her head was turned and she RAN as soon as she was done.

I think it's a common stage for the girls.

Adri and Cory said...

Hilarious! It's so funny how they can just change in an instant like that! maybe next year!!!