It was a good weekend, don't get me wrong, but a little different than anticipated. After HORRIBLE traffic Wednesday night we made it to my parents and enjoyed the evening together. Woke up Thursday morning and then the puking started. Grey went pretty much all day without keeping anything down. At first I thought that he just ate a little too much or Justin was rough housing too much, but no. This was definately not a one time thing. Then the fever started the next day along with diarrhea. He didn't want to eat anything, but seemed to keep liquids down. Thank goodness for motrin/tylenol cocktails!
Justin and David playing the Wii. We got the new Super Mario Brothers which was super fun (although they are playing Mario Kart in this picture, hence the steering wheels).
Elliot, Grandma Jill and I assembled some gingerbread houses Friday afternoon. Elliot did a very good job keeping her attention and everything. It was a lot of fun and more so because Grey was sleeping. That evening Grandpa Keith said we should all go out for pizza and no one seemed to complain. Grey hadn't thrown up all day, the tylenol had kicked in, and we thought maybe an outing would be nice. All was well. Grey got a bit fussy, of course when the pizza came so I was holding him and eating my pizza. He gave a little toot on my lap and I didn'think much of it...until I looked behind him. He had a little extra with that toot and it all came flowing out the back of his diaper landing on the ground below in a soupy mess. I yelled help and with LOTS napkins we quickly cleaned up the mess and Justin and I scooted home while everyone else finished. The whole time I just couldn't believe what was happening.
We made it home Saturday only to have the vomit return for poor Grey. Sunday was a day filled with vomit and diarrhea. Lovely. He seemed to be better Monday, but we go to the doctor to check Tuesday. He is suppose to be on antibiotics for an ear infection, but he hasn't kept it down and I didn't know if maybe that was making him worse.
On another note, my brother David brought his girl friend home for the holiday too. It was so nice to meet her and Elliot LOVED her. They became fast friends. She was a delight to have around and maybe we will be able to see more of her...




7 comments:
I love the 3 p's in the title of this post. Im glad it seems to be going away.
I'm glad you are able to look at it as still being a good weekend even through all the crap (literally! ;) I don't know that I would have had such a good attitude!
I can't believe you dealt with that while being pregnant! You deserve a break.
Gross, gross, gross!!! That is so annoying when kids get sick on a trip! That story at the pizza place is awful! That would be disgusting to clean up. I remember one time my little brother pooped in his pants at one of my basketball games and shook the log out onto the bleachers. It was SO embarrassing. Poop stories are the best to tell. Hang in there!
The pukes are the WORST! Hope you guys are through it!!!
hopefully the "P" at the pizza parlor didn't land in your lap too!!!
Oh yuck! That doesn't sound like a fun Thanksgiving weekend. When you said puking, I thought it may be you with the pregnancy and all. I hope Grey is feeling better.
Post a Comment