This will be our fourth winter here in Ephrata and we have yet to make it to Leavenworth to see the lights and all the Christmas-y stuff they have there. So I was determined to make it this year. We stopped in Wenatchee on the way to do a little bit of shopping and even to lunch at Red Robin- a real treat for us all. The kids were good and we had a nice time together. We made it in to Leavenworth about 4:30 and could hardly find a parking spot and just saw literally a sea of people. Justin almost turned around and just went home, but he knew that I wanted to get out and see what it was all about. Honestly, it wasn't really what I expected, but I am not really sure what I expected. Sure, there were Christmas lights and all and fun little shops, but they were all too crowded to go into and the lights weren't spectacular. Pretty, but really? And the cold. It was so cold. I thought we had bundled up enough, but at about 16 degrees, not so much. Poor Elliot was in tears by the time we got back to the car. We just walked up the main street and back, got a hot chocolate and a bratwurst and called it good. I am still glad we went and had a great family day, but probably won't do it again soon.
13 years ago




3 comments:
Yeah, when you say the trip without details it sounds fun, but add the freezing temperatures, crying kids and large crowds...not too exciting. ha ha! Glad you finally went though to check it out. Elliot and Grey both look so cute all bundled up. It's been way too cold here too. Brrrrr.
Don't write it off just yet. Our first year to Leavenworth was just as bad, we ended up purchasing some pricey hats at one of those "cute" little shops to keep warm. This year we went over prepared, took a ride in the horse carriage, visited the Gingerbread cookie place and had a really fun time.
That looks beautiful we'll have to try it with you sometime!
Post a Comment