Monday, April 12, 2010

Tripp's Blessing

We had Tripp blessed this past Sunday and we were lucky enough to have both sets of grandparents there to witness the blessing. They all came on Saturday and we had a little birthday celebration a week early for Elliot at Time Out Pizza (pineapple pizza of course for Elliot) and ice cream cake for dessert (meant to take a picture because it turned out sooo good- there is an excuse to make it again!). Sunday I had the arduous task of getting all three kids up and bathed and looking handsome and beautiful as well as getting myself ready while Justin was at his early church meetings. I will pat myself on the back that I did alright. I tried to get a couple pictures of the kids before church too, but since I was by myself this was a good as it got:

I couldn't stop laughing at this one because of poor Tripp's crossed-eye look:
And here is my handsome little fella:
They sure looked cute in their matching outfits. It will be fun to have the two boys to dress alike.

Justin did a fantastic job on the blessing as usual. I am so grateful that he has the priesthood and that he takes his responsibility very seriously. I try to take notes during the blessing so that I can remember what was said and these were a few of the points mentioned in Tripp's blessing:
  • That he would be a healthy boy, grow strong physically and spiritually
  • That he has been born into a family that loves and cares for him and to recognize that love and become that type of person
  • Be a faithful latter day saint and accept the priesthood
  • Become a missionary to serve Heavenly Father
  • Go the the temple and be married there, to find a wife and progress eternally
  • Think of your brothers and sisters, mother and father
  • Be a gentle man
  • Be wise and make good decisions
  • Use opportunities to better yourself and to better the community
  • Be a latter day saint that Heavenly Father would be proud of
  • Be faithful as you learn to read and pray and do so frequently and humbly
  • Know that you are loved by so many
  • Know that your Heavenly Father is with you always

After sacrament meeting, we took a few pictures out in the foyer with our parents.


It was a wonderful end to the weekend and I am so grateful for the gospel, the priesthood, my family, and that beautiful baby that we got to celebrate this weekend.

8 comments:

Todd and Shana said...

You have the cutest little family Heather, and the kids looked oh so adorable in their outfits on Sunday. Grey did AWESOME by the way, just came in and started playing like he owned the place! It makes me sad you will be leaving us so soon.

Heidi said...

My hats off to you to get them all dressed and ready and you ready AND take pictures!!!! I'm tired thinking of it all. ;) The gospel is a huge blessing and I'm glad the day turned out so well. Family is the best.

the Sayler's said...

very sweet -love the outfits! so nice family could be there for the blessing...

~ kietra ~ said...

Awesome blessing!!! So WONDERFUL to have priesthood in our homes! Also, heather you look AMAZING? Did you really just have a baby?! Wow!! :) Way to go!

Rozanne said...

What a wonderful blessing! I'm so glad your parents both got to be there. And, kudos for getting the kids ready Sunday morning, that is always a difficult undertaking when you have a newborn.

Amber Staub said...

What a precious little addition to your adorable family. They all look so cute in their coordinating church ensamble.

Olsen_Family said...

Your family is just adorable! I love the coordinating Sunday outfits that you had them dressed in. This is just my opinion but Grey looks just like a Leonard. You make being a mother of 3 look so easy, which is a good thing because I have heard terrible stories, which has made me think twice. Good luck with everything.

Rachel said...

You have such a cute family!