13 years ago
Saturday, February 5, 2011
Home Depot Kids' Workshop
The first Saturday of the month you can take your kids to your local Home Depot and they have a little project to complete for free (Lowes does similar things, but on random Saturdays and you have to sign up for those classes online, still free though). We haven't been since we moved over here and today was just the day to have such an outing. The kids got their orange aprons and everything. They each made a heart shelf for Valentines Day.

A week ago we went to the Dollar Store (a great cheap place to take kids- give them a dollar and say they can pick out anything they want) and she picked out what was called "hair extensions." It was a headband with pink and gold hair flowing off of it. She loved it. Wore it to church, wore it to school, me grimacing the whole time as she lovingly strokes the matted mess of hair. Well, yesterday the headband broke. She was sad but turned around and said, "I have another dollar! Can we please go back to the dollar store so I can get another one?" So we took another field trip to the dollar store last night. I thought she may have changed her mind to get lip gloss instead, but alas, the hair extensions won her heart again. She decided to go for the more natural look this time though with blond. Oh, goodness, what am I going to do with this girl! Justin says she looks like a girl version of Joe Dirt. Oiy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
That is hilarious! Of all the things to pick out at the dollar store.
The hair extensions crack me up...and I hate to say it, but Justin's observation may be somewhat accurate. :)
Post a Comment