We've been working on this whole sleeping thing for a month now and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. We will have good night or two (like I posted a while ago) and then have a night like last night. He goes to bed just fine, about 7:30. Then last night he made it until about 11. Then basically cried and screamed until 1 AM when he finally passed out. He woke up I think 2 other times until he woke up at 7, ready for the morning to start. Then you would think, well, okay, at least he will take some really good naps during the day. No. We are talking pretty regularly now 30-40 minute naps 2 or 3 times a day. This kid just isn't getting sleep and I fear for his growth. And I feel like I have tried EVERYTHING!!! We have the mattress elevated on one side in case he has reflux. We try to feed him as much as we can before bed. I try nursing him right before. I try pumping and giving him a bottle before laying him down. We have doped him up on tylenol. We let him cry. We go in and comfort him. I have nursed him 5 times in the night before. We have taken him for car rides. One thing we haven't tried and I will tonight is put him the portable crib in our room. It seems so silly to me, but if it gets him to sleep, I will do it. Thankfully, Elliot has been sleeping really well. She has had her own share of sleeping issues growing up, but she is sleeping through all of this for the most part and going to bed without too much of a stink. I know that this will all pass eventually too and that he will grow up and be just fine. But in the meantime, I am struggling!!! You want to do what is right, but you have no clue what right is. I even called the nurse today for some help. We talked awhile and it was all pretty much stuff that I knew or have tried. We are going to give it another good week and then I am taking him to the doctor. We'll see how tonight goes.
13 years ago




4 comments:
I'm so glad you mentioned you blog. I love blogging. Ours is www.ericandrozanne.blogspot.com. I'll add you to my favorites!
From the day Max was born he wouldn't take naps. I was lucky if he would have 2 15 min. naps a day. After 8 months of fighting with him a friend suggested putting him on the dryer in his carseat. I did and it worked! He went from almost no napping to a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon. He slept in his baby carseat in the laundryroom till he was probably 2. I have a fan in my laundryroom room and so I started just turning that on instead of the dryer. I think he liked the background noise and the complete dark. I started doing the same thing with Mackenzie when she decided she didn't want naps anymore. It's a little strange making them sleep in the laundry room, or the bathroom if it is laundry day, but it keeps me sane.
Good Luck
Grey why are you so sweet when I see you and then so mean to your mama at night! Sleep!
Ohhhh how I feel for you!!! Dace was that same way, except I dont think quite as bad. The thing that made me so frusterated is that everything is such a guessing game. You get to the point when I was thankful for 3 solid hours of sleep. I look back now and think how the heck did I manage. Good luck. Hang in there.
Post a Comment