Elliot loves preschool. She gladly goes and enjoys her friends and teachers there. However, she does NOT like program days. She conviently threw up the night before her Thanksgiving program, hence getting out of that. I was very afraid that she would not go to school today when she realized that it was the day of her Christmas program. I took her into school and told her teachers she was a little nervous about the program, but she agreed to go if she could hold Miss Callie's hand. So I came back an hour and half later and held my breath to see what was going to happen.
Here she is walking down the isle with Miss Callie as all the preschoolers file in to the front of the chapel:

Here she isn't doing too bad, actually standing next to her class. Notice no hat like all the other kids, but that doesn't suprise me.

Still doing okay...

But then the meltdown begins:



I loved this- they all had little jingle bells for a couple songs. Elliot took one and I swear her little bell jingled a few times, like she couldn't help but ring that bell a tiny bit.

And here a much happier girl, now that
that is over!

I told her how proud I was of her for doing something that I knew she was nervous about. She was completely back to her normal bubbly self as we had cookies and punch with her class.
6 comments:
I love her. Such a funny kid.
Ohh! I feel so sorry for her. Good job, Heather, not making a big fuss about it.:)
That is so funny! I love the step-by-step footage of the event. At least you got some when she was still ok. :)
Wow, not too bad!! So glad she at least tried! She is such a cutie! Love her cute outfit!
She is so funny! I love reading about all of the things she does. At least she got up on the stage. That is a step in the right direction.
You're such a good mom to make her feel good about what she DID do. She looks so cute in her dress and tights.
Post a Comment