Sunday, January 24, 2010

More Signing

Grey is now over 18 months and still has yet to really say a word. I think he has said "mom" or "dad" and even "papa" once for grandpa, but not consistently at all. Now I even ask him to say something and he will shake his head no. We have been working lots on the signing though and it is crazy how much he knows and now how quickly he learns new signs. This is a peek at the majority of the signs he knows. I remembered "baby" and "apple" after we finished though and I am sure there are a few others that I forgot as well. The doctor wants us to really work on his vocabulary which I feel like we have, but now anytime I say "Say milk" he gives the sign. And in his world, he is right. He hears just fine and knows what we are talking about and could probably talk, but he is just being stubburn. He will probably one day wake up and say a full sentence and never look back. I am just glad that he is communicating and showing some sign of intelligence.

5 comments:

Anna said...

He is a smartie! I actually think maybe you are really smart to for knowing all those signs to teach him! We love him!

Keyes said...

That's so cute! Evelyn talks less than my other kids, too but she probably has about as many words as he knows signs. She won't say them, though! Mostly she just nods or shakes her head. I feel like I'm playing 20 questions to figure out what she wants!! But the only sign she will do is, "more," which is probably my fault. So good job teaching him those and it looks like he's doing a great job communicating!

Kristin said...

Tha is WAAAAAY cute! He knows his stuff!

Amber Staub said...

That is so cute. I love seeing little kids signing. He looks adorable showing off all the signs he knows.

the Sayler's said...

"It's signing time with Alex and Leah..." Do you have the "Signing Time" videos? A MUST for signing with kids. Keep up the good work - communication in any form is essential...the words will come.