Since we have been married, there have been several things that I said I would never do. I would never like country music. I would never have a baby sleep in our bed. I would never buy a mini van. Well, I have had to eat my words on everyone of those statements.
Justin and I have been going back and forth for quite awhile about what to do when the baby comes regarding our vehicles. My Highlander may have worked, but it would have been awfully tight with three carseats in the back. The suburban would have been okay too, but is a huge beast. I have been driving it on Mondays to pick up kids for preschool and realized that it is a pain to get the kids in and out of (and was getting worse and worse as my belly was growing). So we decided to bite the bullet and get a van. We had some stipulations though. We wanted a Honda or Toyota just because we figure it will run forever. We wanted leather if we could afford it. And I did not want it sand colored. We went to my parents' house over the long weekend and long story short, ended up coming home in our new van, a 2007 Honda Odyssey, rather than the Highlander.



It actually will hold as many people as the suburban (8). We have taken the middle seat out from between the two bucket seats so that kids can get into the back easier. The back seats collapse into the floor which is very nice for extra cargo space. The back is really deep for cargo too (I would have taken a picture, but it is full of our recycling to take to the recycling center tomorrow). We were able to get the leather which I love (heated seats!!) and the doors open on their own either with my key or with a button by the steering wheel. It only has 40,000 miles too which for a Honda is nothing. I loved my Highlander, but I have very quickly fallen in love with my van. And at least I feel like I can be a "cool van" mom in it!
4 comments:
a very cool van mom! congrats
Im glad you took the plunge. I knew you'd love it. It is a sweet van!
you make me miss my van. We let it go for the beastly suburban and I often miss the convienent doors etc. Enjoy!
Aw, I LOVE my mini-van. We had a Honda Accord when Tessa was born, and three kids in the back seat did NOT work. You will love it! The auto doors will be so nice with the baby when you are carrying the carseat, etc, etc. Congrats! I'm jealous of the heated seats!!!!
Post a Comment