Since I am already pregnant you know that can't be it and those on facebook already know our news. My dad has been called to serve as a mission president (place to be determined) entering the Missionary Training Center with my mom on June 23. This is an announcement enough, but in addition, Justin and I will be moving to Arlington to live in their house and take care of their properties and such for the next 3 years. It has been a tough decision because we have grown to like Ephrata. Justin loves his job at the high school and I have a good job as well and leaving them is scary. We have a house here and friends and are comfortable here. But we both feel like this is the right thing to be doing to serve my parents and to serve the Lord. Plus living 3 years mortgage free will be a nice perk. This has been in the works for a long time (like 13 or 14 months), but just recently could start telling people as it has become official. And now the big task at hand is to sell our house. We have talked with a couple agents and would so rather not have to waste money on their services. We are going to try to spread the word as much as possible, put up a sign with flyers, an ad in the paper and see what happens. We will set a date that we will have to sign with an agent to help us out. We really want to have it sold by the end of the school year, but could even move out sooner if the right person came along. We have had a couple people talk to us about it and one family came to look. We are trying to have faith that since this is what we are suppose to do that the Lord will provide. Another stress is that Justin can't even really start looking for a job until about May because teacher jobs aren't posted until then. There are a lot of schools within about a 30 mile radius though which is a plus. I am excited to be closer to some old friends and fun things to do, not so excited about the weather and traffic. And wherever my parents end up, we will be able to go visit. It will be English speaking so probably state-side, but could be Australia, Canada, London, South Africa to name a few. We will keep everyone posted.
And as for the house, anyone that may know of anyone interested in buying in Ephrata spread the word! Here are a few specs of the house:
Address: 209 Columbia
2100 square feet (1050 ground floor, 1050 finished basement)
3 bedrooms upstairs, 1 non-conforming bedroom and a bonus room downstairs
1.75 bathrooms
Hardwood floors all upstairs except slate tile in kitchen
Corian counter tops and stainless steel appliances (all stay- new 10/06)
Large family room in basement (fully carpeted- new 7/2007)
Large pantry and large laundry room
Single car detached garage
Storage shed in back and fenced backyard (new 5/07)
Asking price still is TBD but around $157,000 if we can go without an agent
Thanks to those already who have helped and supported us with this. Your thoughts and prayers and service are certainly not unnoticed or unappreciated!
13 years ago




6 comments:
Though I feel like its helping you leave us I am spreading the word about the house.
I'll spread the word, too. Hopefully the timing you need to make a smooth transition will work out, too.
Wow! What a big change for you! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
If only I could convince Ryan to move me home! Good luck, what an adventure!!
Arlington?! Wow what a change. Congrats to your parents, they will be wonderful! We'll have to come visit you (assuming we are invited).
You have quite a few new posts since I have been on last. I love Grey signing. It is so cute. Dont worry about the talking, Taija didnt talk FOREVER and I wondered if she would ever talk, and then one day she started talking sentences, and there has not been a quiet moment since. So enjoy the quietness while you can.
Post a Comment