Sunday, June 27, 2010

Visits

My parents left on Tuesday and even though I was sad to say good bye, it has been so nice to have just our family here and get some sort of normalcy back to our lives. Right now, it is after 10:30 PM and I am the only one up. I really should go to bed, but I am so enjoying the quiet and getting a few things done that I usually am fighting to get done, like blogging :)

We didn't waste any time having visitors at our new place. Our good friends the Plaisteds and Hansens stopped by on their way to Bellingham for a mini vacation. The weather was in our favor too so we played outside and the kids loved visiting with the horses, Ty a little too much as we had to fish him out from the other side of the pasture. It was so nice to see them, but made me miss them a little more than I already did.


Then Thursday Justin's sister came to stay for a few days with her boys, Kolby and Ryan. The weather again was so nice that we were able to go out to the lake house Thursday evening and the kids were even brave enough to get into the water. We had a great visit with them and it is so nice to have plenty of room for everyone to use.

A couple weeks ago, I decided to get myself and early birthday present (and anniversary and Christmas probably, considering what it cost) and bought a nice camera- a Canon Rebel T1i. I almost took it back though because it was getting ridiculous thinking about when in the world am I going to have time to figure this camera out. But I was convinced to keep it and slowly figure it out. So we pulled it out while Lisa was here and went for a photo shoot. Now I am almost embarassed to say this, but we went 3/4 of the way through the photo shoot with the lens only halfway on. I couldn't figure out why the pictures were partially out of focus. I just figured I didn't know really what I was doing (and that was partially right). So some of these pictures are a little funny because of that. The family one is over exposed but a cute picture and I may try to adjust it in photoshop (in my spare time...). I am hoping to learn more about photography and be able to use this camera more and get some great pictures over the years.















3 comments:

Eric and Rozanne said...

You are a budding photographer already. I have that same camera and love it! I took a photography class at the university last fall. It was only 6 classes in the evening, but I learned a ton. I need to keep practicing though.

Anna said...

Wow. I love the pictures Heather. Definetly worth keeping the camera.
It was so fun to visit, we will definetly make a trip back. It did make me sad though.

Heidi said...

Glad you had fun with all your friends and family that week. You were busy with family going and coming.

That's good you kept the camera. You'll be able to figure it out and will only get better and better. (It overwhelms me though- ha ha).