Saturday I completed a milestone. I completed a marathon. 26.2 miles. It was no easy feat, but I did it and am proud of it. I've been training since mid-January and taken so much time and energy to do all the training and this weekend it paid off because I finished!
Here I am at the starting line in Post Falls, ID with my dad:
And with Justin, my biggest fan and support:

I couldn't have done this without him. He never once got upset with me spending so much time out running and leaving him with the kids. He kept telling me that I could do it when I had doubts. I love him so much!!! Thank you, Justin!
It was a little chilly to start with, but then ended up a perfect day for running:

It may not look it, but I was soooo nervous:

And we're off:

Coming around mile 2:

Mile 9-10:

Raisins in hand for some energy at mile 9 (found mile marker 10 around the corner though):

About mile 14:

This was the last time I saw Justin unfortunately especially since he had my snacks with him. I ran the first half of the race in such good time, they were afraid of missing me at the finish. They tried to stop at a few more points to meet me, but we never met. I slowed way down about mile 17-18 and those last few miles were pretty rough. Just kept putting one foot in front of the other. I did see my parents about 2 miles before the finish which was nice and gave me a tiny boost of energy.
I am really glad that I did it, but have no desire to do it again. I was extremely sore for the next few days- like barely walk sore. It was a good experience though and I am glad now that I can say I HAVE RUN A MARATHON!!!!
13 comments:
I am seriously amazed that you ran a whole, dang, 26.2 mile marathon!!! Insane and mind boggling! I thought of you today when I was out doing my 2.5 miles (most of which was walking) and it motivated me to not be such a wimp and kick it up a notch.
Congratulations! What an amazing accomplishment! I am so sad that it didn't work out to see you (blasted soccer tournament). We would really love to have you guys stay sometime this summer.
You Go Girl!!! Congrats! I am so impressed. I am signed up for my first half in a few weeks. We'll see how that goes. So far no desire to do a full.. Way to go! I am happy for you.
The last comment was actually Johanna...I am signed in under my mom in laws account :)
You are a rockstar! Congrats on finishing. I'm proud of you. Thank goodness for your family support and how nice of them to all come watch you.
Wow, Heather!! That is awesome! And, I LOVE your family pictures. They are all so cute I couldn't decide which one was my favorite.
Holy Cow! That is awesome! I could NEVER! WHat an awesome thing to have done. ARe you going to do anymore?
I love your family pictures. Elliot is so Justin and Grey is totally you!
Heather that is awesome! You are amazing. There is no way I have that much drive to train, be a mommy, work and run a marathon. CRAZY!!!
I love the new pictures!
WAY TO GO!
That is so awesome, and such an accomplishment!!!
P.S. I love your family pictures, they turned out great. The kids are adorable and they are getting so big.
Congratulations Heather! What a major accomplishment. You are amazing.
When I looked at your post I was all choked up because I cant even imagine what you felt when you crossed that finish line. WAY TO GO!!! That is a big accomplishment. I too have always wanted to run a marathon. Maybe one day.
Congrat, Heather!! Way to go! Am extremely impressed! Doing something like this is definitely not in my motivational vocabulary! :) So in the words of that 'lovely' immortal song.... "You are the CHAMPION!"
Post a Comment