Friday, October 17, 2008

Hello? Is anyone there?


Elliot found this old toy cell phone the other day and hasn't put it down since. And it cracks me up the way she talks on it. She will come up to me frantic, "mom, where's my phone? I have to make a call." Or "I need to check my messages." Then she gets on her phone and the conversations go something like this: "Hi Kolby (her cousin). Yeah (pause) yeah (pause) No, I'm just watching a movie. (pause) My brother's crying. So your dad is fishing? Yeah (pause) I had time out today because I wasn't listening. (pause) Yeah..." And so it goes. I am trying so hard not to crack up as she does this because I don't want to embarass her and discourage her from using her imagination, but oh it is so funny. Once she was "on her phone" and Justin and I were talking. She comes up to Justin and looks sternly at him and puts her index finger up like, "excuse me, do you mind? I am on the phone, give me a minute."

9 comments:

Kacey said...

That is so funny! Carter used to do that all the time. Now he steals my real cell phone and calls his grandma Julia (he has her number memorized). It's hard to discipliine him because she loves his little messages.

Behling Family said...

She is so adorable!! She has so much personality is seems. She would fit right in with the cousins.
By the way do you remember the Pepsi and Coke war You, I David, Nat and Amber had? Good memories.,

T said...

Man I just want to sqeeze her! She is such a little doll. So hilarious! All these little things she does that you write down will be priceless! I admit I slacked on doing that with my older two. What is the Pepsi Coke war?

Amber Staub said...

Oh such fond memories of that trip to your house many summers ago. Was that the same trip as the paper bag haircut? I was just cleaning out a box of memorabilia stuff last night and came across a small stack of cute blank note paper, wrapped in blue celophane and it said..To Amber from you cousin Heather. I actually remember you giving those to me.
Anyway, your kids are adorable and I love Elliot's phone conversation, especially the finger part:)

Adri and Cory said...

That picture is adorable! I too just want to squeeze her. That is so cute! I loved the part when she says, "Do you mind".....Priceless!!!

Kreanna said...

LOL That is SO hilarious! I love it!! Isn't it amazing how much they see and learn from us...even when we don't intend for them to learn it? Children are amazing creatures!!

Heather said...

I don't know if you stream girls will see this comment, but I definately do remember the pepsi and coke wars. Half of us liked pepsi and the others liked coke and we would debate seriously over this. We made commercials and everything. Were they video taped though? And yes, it probably was the same trip as the bad haircut. Oh, I was traumatized by that! I struggle with Elliot's hair and I think it is in part because I have had my own fair share of bad haircuts and want to save her from that. So fun to keep in touch with you all and remember the good times we had together.

Anna said...

This child is bound to be a CEO or something. She is to much.

Anna said...

OH and yes you should be scared of Grey when he gets older...boys are scary!