What a night! Maybe a little too much for our little family. After dressing the kids in the their costumes (Elliot a cat and Grey a duck), we went downtown this afternoon and went trick-or-treating to all the businesses there. It actually was a lot of fun and we saw so many people we knew. Made us feel part of a community. Then to Burger King for a quick and nutritious meal (ha ha). And off to our tri-ward trunk-or-treat and carnival at the church. Poor Elliot about half way around the parking lot she was complaining that she was cold and wanted to go inside. I am saying, "No Elliot. We have to finish. You are having fun." I felt so bad. Like "you will have fun, darn it!" Anyways, we made it around and back into the church. A little hectic with so many people and kids and all, but had a good time eating goodies and playing little games. We were all ready to come home and crash. The kids are in bed now and Justin is helping at the high school football game. Halloween has never been a favorite holiday of mine. I don't have many memories of it as a kid. I remember a few random costumes (a witch several years, one year I was Charlotte from Charlotte's Web, can't really remember others) and I do remember my brothers and I dumping all of our loot out on the floor to sort it out and give everything with nuts to my mom because none of us liked nuts. Then we would trade and stuff amongst each other. But now with kids, Halloween is a little more fun. I am not into dressing up myself, but it is kinda fun to dress the kids up and have a fun day for them. And we have enought candy to last us until Christmas (but realistically it will be gone in a week or two...I know I have a sugar problem. It is the main reason I exercise regularly, I will admit. And I wonder where Elliot gets her love of sweets). Hope everyone out there had a good Halloween! And now the count down is really on for the holiday season!
13 years ago




7 comments:
They look so cute in their costumes! Yes, we had to dress them up twice!!! Our ward thing was last week and last night we went trick-or-treating to this outdoor mall thing. Preston screamed and threw up both times I had to get him dressed in his costume. Kate loved it both times. :)
Glad you guys had a "fun" Halloween. Gray looks just like you when you were little, Heather! The both look so cute in their costumes.
I have the same feelings about Halloween. It's fun to watch my kids get into it now but it's low on the list of holidays for me.
Your kids were cute and both seemed to be enjoying themselves. Loved Elliot's shoes!
They both looks so adorable! I love Halloween!
The costumes are adorable. The kids look so cute in them. At least you are smart enough to exercise the sweets off. It makes you feel a little better about eating them!
Just showin some love to your blog. Your kids are adorable!!
Post a Comment