Amazingly enough, Elliot woke up in a good mood this morning. She tends to not be much of a morning person so this was so nice to have her happy first thing. The rule at our house is she has to get out of her pull-up before she can do anything else. She said okay right away, but wanted my help. Then she goes on to tell me, "Mom, it's okay that I peed in my pull up a little bit last night. I am still learning to go in the toilet." Oh, sweetheart. (We took this picture of Grey this afternoon and I had to put it in here...what a cutie!)
Then later in the afternoon, I was in the kitchen and I heard Elliot reading. I peaked in the front room and this is what I saw:
So dang cute seeing my two babies together like that. Elliot was reading to her brother. It doesn't look like Grey is really very happy, but I assure you he loves his sister and the attention that she gives him. Some times it seems to be "scary love" and "smothering love," but it is love nonetheless and he is becoming very durable from all of her "love." Hopefully she will be able to help us teach him all of the good things that he needs to learn.
Then Elliot and I started to make dinner. It is one of our favorites tonight- ham and cheese calazones. It is from kraft.com and if you haven't gone there and ordered their free magazine with awesome, easy recipes in it, do it today. It is a great magazine and a great site for very easy, but good recipes. All the calazones are is pillsbury pizza dough cut into 4 squares, put a slice of ham on each square, mix ranch dressing and shredded cheese together and spoon on ham, top with sliced tomatoes and fold the dough over on each one to make a pocket. Bake at 400 degrees for about 16 minutes and dinner is ready. Yummy! And Elliot even gobbles it up. Here she is sitting in her "special spot" where she always sits to help me in the kitchen.




4 comments:
I love the Kraft magazine! Such easy good recipes for free. Ill have to try that one. Im so in a cooking rut!
I love when my kids play together like Elliot and Grey are. And that is a cute pic of him...but lets face it he is very cute and changing so much!
Grey is cute. Love that picture of him. I like Elliots cheesy grin in the kitchen. Funny. Those calzones would be a hit with Kyle. He loves his ham. Never heard of that magazine though. Might have to check it out...
Thanks for the information about the kraft magazine. i am always looking for something new to try, even better that it is quick and easy. Your kids are adorable. She looks like she is such a great big sister.
I love the picture of her reading books to Grey. Moments like those are the best. I'm excited to try the kraft.com site. Thanks for the tip.
Post a Comment