Monday, October 20, 2008

Poopy Diaper

I know all you fellow mothers will appreciate this. Grey tends to not like to poop on a regular basis. Like not everyday or even every other day. Sometimes we are going on a week. And this is him breastfed- I'd hate to see him if I was using formula. Anyways, he, not suprisingly, gets a little upset if it has been too long and this was happening yesterday. The doctor says to give him a suppository and he will go in 20 minutes. Not my child though. Did one last night and nothing. Did one again this morning and several hours later it finally happens. He and Elliot were in the other room and Elliot calls to me, "Mom! He stinks!" I don't get overly excited because he always has terrible gas. I evenually go in there and it really does smell exceptionally bad. S o I take him into his room and it doesn't seem too bad- nothing has leaked out...or so I thought. I get the diaper halfway off and partly cleaned then realize it is actually halfway up his back. And he is kicking around all happy probably because he is about 5 pounds lighter now. The more hygienic I try to be the worse it gets. And who ever said thay boys have fewer crevices than girls must have had a skinny boy because mine has plenty. Anyways we got it all taken care of. He is feeling much better and I am glad that he has cleared out a bit.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

That is gross, but I'm sure he feels SO much better. Preston had a hard time pooping (he's on Miralax now), but we went through several suppositories. I would HIGHLY recommend the liquid suppositories. They come like 5 or so to a box and are right by the normal ones at Walmart. You have to try them. They work in seconds so you don't have to wait hours! For real! I have already convinced a few of my friends to switch.

T said...

We need some pictures of him!! Brityn had the same issue. We did the liquid suppositories eventually also. She was a month early and the doctor told me that sometimes they forget how to poop. The joys of being a mom, huh?

Kacey said...

I have been there too. How disgusting!

Adri and Cory said...

That is hilarious. Only because I too have been there PLETNY of times. Fun times!

Unknown said...

Blowouts are the worst. Thank goodness you were at home. Good luck once it comes time to do formula..YIKES!