Monday, October 13, 2008

Less Time

I started back to work last Wednesday and ever since it has been crazy. Even though I only work 2 days a week, it seems like the rest of the week becomes shorter too. The first day was especially hard because I had to race out of work (and even leave a patient and a dirty room for my wonderful co-workers to deal with) to pick up my kids because Justin couldn't because of parent teacher conferences (which are totally useless in my mind at the high school level, but that is another subject). I get to Terri's house to pick up the kids at 5:31 (pick up is 5:30) and ask how the day went. She says, "Well, Grey took an hour nap in 15 minute increments. Is that usual?" And her question came like, "if this is usual, I don't know if we are going to be able to keep this up?!?" We talked for awhile and both agreed that it is just an adjustment period and that both she and Grey will get used to each other over the next few weeks. Elliot did great- so great that she threw a fit about leaving. Thankfully I didn't have to go to YW tonight (Thanks Shana and Ashley!!!). I was able to regroup and gear up for the next work day. Grey did better on Thursday taking a 2 hour nap. We will see what this week brings.

And now, a frustration that I have to go deal with. I accidentally deleted my whole blog list instead of just one. So I need to go through and remember who all was on it and add to it. So irritating.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Im sure the first few weeks are going to be the hardest for you and the kids. After that it will be easy business. I hope babysitter and Grey find some kind of happy medium. Its so hard to make them predictable at 3 mos.

Kacey said...

You are a great mom. I am impressed at your ability to work and keep it all together. I used to work just one day a week and could barely handle that.