All summer long I look forward to the Grant County Fair. Justin was still working the week of the fair so we had to wait until Saturday to go and then of course it is the hottest day of the summer. We had to leave after cleaning the church in the morning too so we couldn't get a jump start before the heat either. So by noon we were at the fair in over 100 degree heat, enjoying the animals and trying to get cool in what little shade and cool areas there were. We stopped for some lunch- a couple of big burgers from some local Ephrata people along with great big cold drinks. After finally finding the horses, we decided that it was time to get in from the heat, especially for Grey's sake. I wasn't leaving without an ice cream cone though, so we found our chocolate-vanilla swirl cones to enjoy and then headed home...even without rides. Just no one tell Elliot or I will never hear the end of it. We spent the rest of the weekend in the basement where it was cool.
13 years ago




1 comment:
I heard it was a scorcher of a day at the fair on Saturday. Melanie's girl, Kathryn, clogged and they were so hot! We went to that fair last year.
Post a Comment