Thursday, September 18, 2008

My darlings


As much as I complain about Elliot and her sleeping (which hasn't been resolved yet...Justin has just slept in her bed with her for the past 4 nights) and about her irking me and driving me bonkers at times, she is a pretty funny kid. She talks non stop and very articulately if I can say so. The other day she got into the car after preschool and sat next to her brother and said, "Hey little buddy! What did you have for snack today? Momma's milk?" Of course he just smiled back and I snickered. Last night at dinner, Elliot sits down and says, "So Dad, how was work?" Oh, so precocious she is! And if you ask her what her mom and dad do, Dad teaches the kids and Mom cleans teeth. I mentioned "Great Scott" in a previous post and she also will say, "bills, bills, nothing but bills" which she got from one of her little shows. She's always trying to bargain too and swing deals to not go to bed or to get a treat. Always thinking and will at least try to get something she wants. She has a sweet tooth like her mother too. This morning when I asked what she wants for breakfast, her response was fruit snacks. Lovely.

Our little man is doing well also. He is sitting on my lap right now content as can be. He isn't always that way, but he is doing better than the first few weeks. And he has a smile that gives me goosebumps and makes me tear up! He had his 2 month check on Monday and he is already 14 pounds, 3 ounces and 24 1/2 inches long. Justin thinks he was jipped on the length because he only grew 1/2 an inch in 4 weeks. But gaining almost 2 pounds in the same time ain't too shabby. I think we better start saving now for our food bill in the coming years.

I just wanted to write a post of the goodness of my children instead of always a gripe which I tend to do too much of. I love them so very much and often can't believe they are mine.

4 comments:

Amber Staub said...

Heather,
I'm so glad I found your blog. You have 2 adorable children and you daughter looks so much like you. What a cutie! I will keep in touch.
Your cousin,
Amber

T said...

You are such a good mommy! That little princess you have is a crack up! I am so impressed that you are already back running so soon after having a new baby. Good for you! I am even more impressed that you are training to run a marathon. I recently ran in a 1 mile race and I'm not going to lie, it was rough.

I really do like to run, I just haven't for a really long time. You have inspired me to get going again. Thanks!

Black Family said...

Jake and I laughed so hard reading your entry! Sounds like something Justin would say about the snack....lol! What a character....anyways thanks for the prayers I know they help sooo much!

Anna said...

You do have some cute kids. Its so easy to get caught up in the stress of the day to day, thats its nice to remind yourself sometimes of how great they are, I dont do it nearly enough! Bills, bills, bills...I agree!