No improvement really with the sleeping lately. We all needed a good night's sleep last night so Justin slept with Elliot and I took Grey and all went to bed early. We all slept pretty well I think except Justin has been fighting an illness and I think it is getting the better of him. He just informed me that he is coming home after school to take a bath and then just chill the rest of the night. I am getting my hair done by Elliot right now as I type. Lovely. Grey is sleeping hopefully soundly for a while as he had shots this morning at his 2 month check. As much as I know they are for his good, it still stinks having to poke him 3 times and make him scream so badly.
Lately, besides not sleeping well, Elliot has been talking about our "old house" and our "new house." Apparantly we are suppose to be finding a new house because she doesn't like our "old house." One day she went into this elaborate explanation about wanting a blue house and her room was going to be purple and Grey's room was going to be blue. I don't know where she gets a lot of the things she says. Lately too she has been saying "Great Scott!" Makes me laugh.
Gotta jet...the little one has awoken.
13 years ago




2 comments:
I feel so bad for you on the sleeping issue and can totally relate. Read the first month of my blogging and you will see we had the same issues here. Even my Maggie, my always good sleeper was crazy when Dallin was born!
If you need to get out sometime this week call me. I was wondering if anyone still goes to the park on Tuesdays? It was in my ward bulletin!
PS-About the post below, I will take your 3 yr old, shes always an angel here-but you must take my 19 month old in exchange!
I laughed out loud at the "Great Scott"! That is so hilarious! Points to anyone who knows what movie that is off of.
Regarding the sleeping, hang in there. Just remember, you are not bad parents if you let her cry (or if you nap for the majority of the next day). My 3 year old has a hard time going to bed and we have to threaten to close the door if he doesn't be quiet and stay in bed. I also had one that had A LOT of worries/nightmares, and got out of bed often. A quick prayer with him by his bed asking Heavenly Father to help him seemed to work.
It is so hard to know what to do. But, when you are so sleep deprived you just want to cry, remember you have 2 beautiful, healthy kids and a loving supportive husband. This too shall pass!
Post a Comment