Thursday, September 25, 2008

You know you need a break when...

You know that you are a mom that needs a break when you look forward all week to send the kids to daycare for the day so that you can have a mole removed. It is also a trial run for daycare with Grey, but most importantly I get a few hours to myself, even if that means having a part of my body cut off and stitched back up. I was even excited about getting the house clean because I knew that I could do it in record time and then have even a little bit of time to watch a tv show and work on my scrapping before I have to go pick of the kids. Oh, how things are so different for us moms. By the time 3:00 rolls around though it will probably be too quiet and I will need them around to frazzle me once again.

5 comments:

Anna said...

Yea I feel your pain. I was actually excited to do my glucose test because I got to sit in the clinic alone for an hr. Then it got boring of course! I forgot...when do you go back to work!?

Heather said...

Go back in 2 weeks- October 8th

T said...

It is indeed a sad, sad day when you look forward to a mole removal. Been there, done that. It's good for kids and moms to have some time away from each other. It makes you appreciate each other more. Although, beware the grandparent trap. When my kids are left with grandparents, they would rather I stay absent.

Kreanna said...

I totally understand how you feel! It is nice to have a break...even to get a mole removed!! LOL

The Sobotta Fam said...

You crack me up! I have enjoyed seeing what you and the family are up to these days. I can't believe it's been 5 years since EWU! Time flies. I'm also excited for your marathon! Keep me posted on how training is going! You inspired me to get the jogger out and start moving! Take care. Miss you! Jenny